International Internal Audit Awareness Month
The IIA encourages chapters and institutes around the world to participate in this important celebration to promote the profession internally to audit customers, executive management, and the board, as well as to various outside target markets within their local business community.
Chapters and institutes can use this month to showcase the value of the internal audit activity in a wide variety of ways including, but not limited to:
- Hosting special events such as luncheons or receptions to present local area business leaders with an overview of the ways internal auditors support
executive management in achieving organizational goals and objectives;
- Submitting a request for a proclamation from a local government official formally acknowledging International Internal Audit Awareness Month; or
- Participating in a local college or university career night to promote internal auditing to students who may be unaware of the various opportunities available within the profession.
Regardless of how chapters and institutes choose to share the purpose and value of internal auditing with their community, the most important message to take away is that building awareness takes time and consistent effort.
Tools & Resources
The IIA has developed the following tools and resources to help you:
- International Internal Audit Awareness Month Planning Guide – Start planning your Awareness Month activities now with this guide that includes ideas, resources, and templates designed to help you “talk up” the profession.
- About the Internal Audit Profession -Brochures that describe the practice of internal auditing and can help you promote the profession.
- Your Audit Team (PPT) – Presentation designed to help you educate internal audit stakeholders about your role in the organization. (Spanish, French)
- Invest. Involve. Inspire. – Information on how you can raise awareness of the profession through The IIA’s partnership with Junior Achievement.
- What Does It Take To Build Awareness? (PDF) – General brochure with tips on how you can build awareness and celebrate the great value that internal auditors bring to an organization and its stakeholders.
- Tree Brochure (PDF), Tree Poster (PDF), Spoon Poster (PDF), and Speak Up! (PPT) – Do you find it difficult to get others to understand what internal auditing is? This campaign can help!.
- Advocacy Starts Here – Learn more about The IIA’s global advocacy strategy and access tools to help you promote, support, and further the internal audit profession.
- Promoting the Profession Worldwide (PDF) – A general manual that provides chapters and institutes with tips for implementing comprehensive campaigns to promote the profession, work with the media, and make presentations.
- IIA Annual Report
Provides year-end highlights of IIA accomplishments, goals, and information about our financial status as well as updates on the state of the internal audit profession around the globe.
- Awareness Month Archive – Visit this archive and find out how others have promoted the profession around the world and start to formulate your strategies now.
Contact PR@theiia.org for hard copies of any of these resources.
Prithvi is an experienced cyber security professional with global experience across 3 continents. He has proven skills and experience on Cisco, Check Point, Fortinet, Juniper and other vendors' products and technologies. He also has a passion for nature and landscape photography and can be seen lugging his camera gear in and around some pretty locations.
A few of the industry credentials he currently holds include CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCNP R&S, CCNA Security, CCNA.